MOTTO – “I SERVE”
Junior and Youth Red Cross programmes are an
integral part of the strategic approach taken by the Indian Red Cross Society. Young
people perform a diverse and important role as innovators, inter-cultural ambassadors,
peer educators, community mobilisers, and most importantly, act as agents of behavioral
change and advocates for vulnerable people. IRCS, APSB has a very active Junior
and Youth Red Cross Volunteer force who are trained in First Aid, Disaster Response
and who participate in awareness programmes on health & hygiene awareness, initiatives
such as Swachh Bharat, WASH, etc,.
Who can join Junior / Youth Red Cross
Activities of Junior / Youth Red Cross
- Those aged between 5 and 30 years
- Students up to 12 standard or below 18 years of age may join the Junior Red Cross
- Students in colleges and those aged 18 to 30 years of age may join the Youth Red
- Participate in immunization programmes such as Pulse Polio, Indradhanush, Measles
& Rubella campaign etc., and support health care providers in reaching the desired
objectives through awareness campaigns on health & hygiene
- Participate in blood donation camps as donors (18 years & above only) and as motivators
- Respond to emergencies, cyclones accidents etc,.
- Participate in ‘Swach Bharat: Programmes, in cleaning of hospitals, statues, roads,
sanitation, garbage clearance, tree plantation etc.,
- Participate in serving those in need of help during festivals & large gatherings.
Thousands of Youth Red Cross volunteers served the pilgrims of Godavari & Krishna
Pushkarams in the year 2015 & 2016 round the clock for 12 days, rendering services
to the old, physically challenged, women and children
- Services in the community
- Inter State Camps (Haryana)
- Our Youth Red Cross contingent participates in the Independence Day and Republic
Day Parade at State-level every year
RED CROSS YOUTH
Nurturing young leaders for humanity.
You can become a YRC / JRC Member JOIN NOW
“Be the change you want to see in the
world” - Mahatma Gandhi
JRC/YRC Students have participated in Republic Day, Independence Day parade, Pulse
Polio programme, Children�s Day celebrations, distribution of nutritious food for
CLHIV+, poster painting, rallies conducted on world AIDS Day, Tree plantation, awareness
programmes on health, hygiene, HIV, First Aid Training, Swine Flu, voluntary blood
donation motivation, Traffic Rules, Swaatch Bharath, etc.