iii. Tracing Activities
i. Medicine Banks
The concept of the Medicine banks has been
evolved with the object of providing medicines free of cost to poor & needy people
to the extent possible, supplementing the services by the Government in providing
free medicines. In furtherance to this objective, four (4) Medicine Banks have been
opened so far at the following places in the state and they are functioning satisfactorily.
The IRCS intends to set up as many Medicine
banks as possible in each district. For successful functioning of the Medicine Banks,
the IRCS makes allout efforts for donation of medicines or cash by appealing to
pharmaceutical companies, Chemists and Druggists Associations, doctors and philanthropists.
- Red Cross Medicine Bank, Bapatla
- Red Cross Medicine Bank, Srikakulam
- Red Cross Medicine Bank, Vzianagaram
- Red Cross Medicine Bank, Vijayawada
ii. Medical Camps
IRCS, APSB regularly conducts Medical Camps
in all Districts with the help of senior doctors and specialists who volunteer to
give free service. Medicines are also distributed free of charge
Conflict and disaster separate families, leading
to years of uncertainty about the fate of a relative. IRCS, A.P. State Branch with
the support of ICRC locate people, exchange messages, reunite families and clarify
the fate of missing persons.
Have you lost contact with a family member ?
Family News Services
These services are offered to
- Delivering a family message when the regular means of communication ( such as telephone,
poster service, internet, etc) are interrupted by using a Red Cross Message.
- Tracing a family member who is separated or lost contact due to conflict, disaster
or other situations of humanitarian need.
iv. Jeevandhara / Janaushadhi Pharmacy Outlets
- Family members separated due to conflicts, disaster or any other situation of humanitarian
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- Separated children
- Families of the above-mentioned categories
To mitigate human suffering, IRCS generic drug
stores were established in Nellore, Visakhapatnam is catering to the needs of the
below poverty line patients who are attending as out patients in Tiruapthi and its
Support the cause: DONATE NOW